As per Hindu Vedas, there are methods to calculate whether a person had died in auspicious time or not? You would wonder that why this kind of question is necessary?
To calculate a Soul's Virtue & Sins during its life time, a Person's death is taken for calculations. Given below are the Good times for every person to die.
1. Death should occur between Sunrise and Sunset @ during day time.
2. Death should occur during the peak of the day @ around Noon.
3. Death should occur during Uthirayanam period (the time, When Sun starts to travel in the Northern direction) @ between January 15th to July 14th (approx). Tamil Month (Thai to Ani).
4. Death should occur between the Day that comes after New Moon Day to next Full Moon Day.
5. Days with Thiruthiyai and Ekadesi.
7. Death should not occur on Avittam, Sathayam, Purattathi and Uthirattathi Star.
If a Person dies at the above mentioned time indicates that he/she has lot of virtues to their credit. On other hand, if a person's death carries "NO" to most of the above points, then he/she would have lot of Sins to their credit. In this method, a family could calculate "Whether Pitra Dosha or Pithru Dosham exist or not".
The simple advice for everone is to do proper Pariharam for Pitra Dosha or Pithru Dosham, if any member of the family dies at the time that has not been defined above.