What are the Pariharam for the first type of Pitra Dosha or Pithru Dosham?
1. You must do the yearly pariharam for the departed souls on the thithi, in which your ancestors had died. There should not be any limit for doing it; this must continue till your life time.
2. When a person is dead, then the proper pariharam should be done for the first 11 days from the date of death; you should utilize the service of a Vedic people.
3. First year pariharam should be done in the designated places like Kashi, Rameshwaram and Gaya etc.
4. If you have not done any pariharam, you should start doing with dedicated pooja on these designated day; there after you can do it by yourself in your house itself.
5. You must pray to your ancestors on daily basis, after praying to the God/Goddess.
6. If you find this problem very acute, it is better to do it on the thithi/day that had been selected for this on monthly basis.
7. There are number of traditions to be observed, it is better to engage a proper Vedic person for this purpose.
8. You can also help old age people through any form of help; this would sure to erase the dosham of your ancestors.
NOTE: Look for finer and minute details on doing this pariharam in the separate section.
What is the reason for second type of Pitra Dosha or Pithru Dosham?
What are the method / Pariharam to delete these ill effects of Pitra Dosha (Pithru Dosham)?
This form of Pitra Dosha or Pithru Dosham affects the life in a more serious manner. It happens due to the curse of the departed souls who were affected by our own ancestors. Here you and your family members should pray for the forgiveness from those unknown souls on behalf of your family member’s deeds. This type of Pitra Dosha or Pithru Dosham is far more serious than the earlier one. It is better to take professional advice on individual basis.
Is there any method which is simple but effective in deleting the Pitra Dosha or Pithru dosham?
There are some simple methods to do this on your own.
1. Cook raw rice in a vessel that is not made of Iron/SS; plate and spoon should not be made up of Iron/SS.
2. It is better to keep separate vessel for this purpose.
3. You should not do it on the day with your birth star.
4. Your house and family members should be neat and tidy.
5. Place the rice before the photo/article of your departed ancestors and worship them. Do not place it before the God’s image/statues.
6. The rice should not be offered to the God.
7. After the worship, mix the rice with black Till (Gingelly seeds) along with little quantity of water. Make small balls.
8. Offer it to the crow.
9. You can feed the cow with raw plantain/ raw rice (either cooked or soaked) mixed with jaggery.
10. Helping the old age peoples with utensils, umbrella, foot wear, blankets, eye glasses and other needy materials.
11. Spending the leisure time with the old aged peoples; listening to them patiently.
The person who does this must really be asking for forgiveness from their heart (important) and the devotion to do it.