2015 Mahalaya Amavasya - Best days to do Pithru Tharpanam:
The Mahalaya Paksha is a 15 days time starting from the day next to Pournima to the Amavasya day that comes in the month of Purattasi (Tamil) or Bhadra or Bhadrapada (Hindi) are classified as "Mahalaya Paksha". The Pithrus (dead ancestors) are allowed to visit and stay with their families during this time. The meaning of "Pithru Tharpanam" is feeding the ancestors. Hence by doing "Pithru Tharpanam" during the Mahalaya Paksha, you are in fact feeding your ancestors. This would bring great blessing on all your family members.
Let us see the best days for doing Pithru Puja @ Pithru Tharpanam;
1. Mahalaya Paksha starts on Purattasi 11th (Tamil month) /Aswina (Thulayana) 6th (Hindi month) / 28th September 2015 (Monday).
2. Mahalaya Paksha ends on Purattasi 25th (Tamil month) / Aswina 20th (Hindi month) / 12th October 2015 (Monday).
3. All these days are equally good and important for doing Pithra Puja. But the last day that comes on the Amavsasya thithi is considered as one of the best days for doing Pithru Puja @ Pithru Tharpanam.
4. The Day coming with Bharani Nakshatra is called as "Maha Bharani". This day comes on Purattasi 13th (tamil month) / Bhadra or Aswina 8th (Hindi month) / 30th September 2015.
5. The Day that comes with Ashtami thithi is called as "Mathya Ashtami". This day comes on Purattasi 18th (Tamil month) / Aswina 13th (Hindi month) / 5th October 2015.
The Readers are advised to do Pithru Puja for their departed ancestors on any one of the days. This would bring happiness and all kinds of blessing in your family. You can't afford to miss these days.